- December 17, 2014
Self-esteem is the level of appreciation and worthiness you feel towards yourself.
Continuous lack of confidence, unhappiness and dissatisfaction with who you are is one of the most significant signs that your self-esteem may be low and that you may benefit from seeking professional help.
Other signs of low-esteem may be:
- Difficulty seeing your own strengths and positive aspects
- High levels of self-criticism
- Feelings of inferiority in relation to peers
What can be achieved through this support group:
- Understanding about what self-esteem is and how having a good self-esteem can improve your quality of life
- Identifying the underlying issues that are causing low-self-esteem
- Challenging and changing negative patterns and unhealthy thoughts such as high self-criticism, negative self-perception, constant fear of trying, helplessness, hopelessness
- Increasing your level of appreciation and worthiness
- Increasing resilience in order to develop better strategies to cope with challenging life events
- Improving life skills such as self-care, healthy communication patterns in order to enable your own personal development
- Improving your relationship with yourself and others
- Developing an interest in adopting a healthier lifestyle
Who can benefit from this support group:
- Adolescents and adults who would like to improve their self-esteem
We offer you a place with caring professionals who will guide you through the process of self-knowledge and emotional wellbeing to make sure you regain confidence in yourself.
We offer Support Groups to help you understand and better manage your emotions, improve your life skills and adopt changes that are in accordance with your desires, dreams, and goals.
We provide affordable rates for clients who are not eligible to claim rebates. Bulk billing available for seniors with a Health Care Card with a referral and a Mental Health Treatment plan provided by a GP or Psychiatrist. This means no extra charges for clients.