- December 17, 2014
When people think of stress, they think about a negative thing. This is because the experience of being stressed over a long period of time can be harmful and interfere with an individual’s daily functioning, including their relationships, health, and mental wellbeing. However, a manageable and reasonable level of stress is helpful since it can give people the motivation and encouragement to get into action in order to achieve goals, dreams and make things happen.
In order to transform the problematic stress into a level of stress that is helpful, you need to find the balance in their lives in order to still be able to cope with the situations that are stressful but also to look after their own wellbeing in a holistic manner.
It is unavoidable to feel stress under some circumstances and in certain periods of our lives. Therefore, the best strategy is to equip yourself with the skills required to manage effectively the levels of stress.
What can be achieved through this Support Group
- Becoming aware of the physical symptoms of stress and learning strategies to reduce them
- Changing unhelpful thoughts and breaking the worry-cycle
- Discovering coping strategies that are healthier and more satisfying
- Getting a better understanding about how your lifestyle is impacting your capability to manage stress.
- Increasing self-care & self-esteem
- Learning relaxation techniques and visualizations that are helpful to address stress
- Developing your own stress management plan
Who can benefit from this support group:
- Adults and adolescents who are experiencing problematic levels of stress
- Adults and adolescents who are feeling overwhelmed and would like to learn strategies to prevent them from experiencing problematic
We offer you a place with caring professionals who will guide you through the process of self-knowledge and emotional wellbeing to make sure you regain confidence in yourself.
We offer Support Groups to help you understand and better manage your emotions, improve your life skills and adopt changes that are in accordance with your desires, dreams, and goals.
We provide affordable rates for clients who are not eligible to claim rebates. Bulk billing available for seniors with a Health Care Card with a referral and a Mental Health Treatment plan provided by a GP or Psychiatrist. This means no extra charges for clients.